POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Modified Povray code implementing sub-surface scattering : Re: Modified Povray code implementing sub-surface scattering Server Time
15 May 2024 22:04:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modified Povray code implementing sub-surface scattering
From: Sleazy Saint
Date: 2 Dec 2005 12:35:00
Message: <web.43908571e431dd3846d22db00@news.povray.org>
Hrmmm. This site -- http://rise.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/makepage.cgi?Home --
has a render engine that can implement sub-surface scattering for arbitrary
meshes, and claims it's code is "lucid and readable". Anyone interested in
adding sss to POV might want to take a look. I don't know if it helps,
since it doesn't use media to simulate it. I'm just throwing the link out
there.