POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to increase pixel number in the same size image? : How to increase pixel number in the same size image? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  How to increase pixel number in the same size image?
From: James
Date: 29 Nov 2005 10:00:00
Message: <web.438c6c41f6f9beacb7afe1280@news.povray.org>
Hi!

Thank you for your help.

I read your answers for my question. Now, I realize that moe pixels lead to
high resolution at the same size image. Now, our images from POV-RAY are 72
pixels/inch. Can I increase 300 pixels/inch at the same size images? If
not, could you give me idea to increase resolution? I want to generete
publication quality images with POV-RAY.

In addition, after running the program, images are automatically saved to
'bmp FILE'. Can I save it as a compressed file (i.e. jpg) within POV-RAY
program?

Thank you again