POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : sphere_sweep : Re: sphere_sweep Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:12:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere_sweep
From: Burki
Date: 29 Nov 2005 05:00:00
Message: <web.438c2625e57ca3da4f17dd8d0@news.povray.org>
"Philippe" <phs### [at] club-internetfr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to make a kind of helix around a sphere, using sphere_sweep.
> Run it, and you'll see some extra "filaments" that I can't explain.
>
> Any idea ?

Hi!
Can be self shading. In the making of the sweep the individual spheres cast
shadows on each other. That's at least what I understood.
Adjusting the tolerance value in the sweep does not help here.

Just as Mike said:
         b_spline instead of linear_spline.
That's everything to change.
At least in povray3.6 on winXP.

Funny, that Y.Tanabe doesn't have these artefacts with MegaPov.

Yours,
Bu.