POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help! Creating a window : Help! Creating a window Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Help! Creating a window
From: chichi86
Date: 22 Nov 2005 22:25:01
Message: <web.4383e0d0ea3ed4d32328301f0@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

I'm very new to povray and I'm supposed to create a room for a computer
science class I'm taking. I'm trying to put a window into one of my walls
but I can't get it to show up. This is what I have:

#declare wall=
union{
box{<-1,0,5> <9,8,5>}
pigment{color LightBlue}
}
object{wall}
object{wall rotate<0,90,0> translate <-6,0,4>}

#declare window=
difference{
box {<-1,0,5> <9,8,5>}
box {<2,3,2.5> <6,6,2.5>} texture{Glass}}
object{window}

The entire wall turns into glass, and I've tries all sorts of dimensions.
I'm sorry to bug you with a beginner's question, but I wasn't able to find
an answer in the FAQs or help text.
Thanks!