POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray for Intel 64 : Re: POV-Ray for Intel 64 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray for Intel 64
From: iceqb
Date: 20 Nov 2005 16:45:00
Message: <web.4380edb2194285b128323aad0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> Here's one, although it may not be the one iceqb refers to.
>
> http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/amd64_3400/8.html
>
> I very recently bought an AMD 64 machine (an emachines T6412), so I'm also
> curious about this "optimization" question.
>
> From all I've read so far, an AMD-based machine is faster at POV rendering
> than an Intel P4 equivalent. Good news for me!
>
> Ken

I know where I found it now: PC-Magazine (May-issue)! They used two
reference systems, only different by motherboard (one Intel, one VIA, if I
can remember correctly). They used POV-Ray 3.7 beta. I don't think they
used the official benchmark, because here are the results (a bit
approximated, because I seem to have misplaced it)

P4 D     about 1700 seconds
AMD 64   about 1500 seconds

There were some dual-core tests too! If someone can verify these results,
please do, because I'm absolutely not sure.

PS: sorry for late respons, off for the weekend.