POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Help out a newbie to understand the coord system : Re: Help out a newbie to understand the coord system Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help out a newbie to understand the coord system
From: Fi3l2
Date: 19 Nov 2005 15:30:00
Message: <web.437f8a7af330323389d6a7880@news.povray.org>
Thank you for your response. I would prefer to use a right handed coord
system, but I have no idea how to specify my own vectors to do this in
povray.

If my camera orientation is the only thing that matters, would it be
possible to somehow rotate the camera so it views the coord system
correctly? After fixing the minor problem of the pigment part in my code, i
notice that bascially the oreintation of the camera is upside down. I am
currently just trying to rotate the camera to view the scene properly.

I realize that in the future, just rotating the camera will not help me in
the calculating of different objects because of the left-handedness of the
system, but for now, I dont think im worried about that.

on a side note, in this system the unit vectors x,y,z are basically defines
as <1,0,0>,<0,1,0>,<0,0,1> respectively. Couldn't I just reassign the
vectors to what they would be in a right handed system? such as z =
I will try nonetheless.

Thanks again
Paul