POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Help out a newbie to understand the coord system : Help out a newbie to understand the coord system Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Help out a newbie to understand the coord system
From: Fi3l2
Date: 19 Nov 2005 13:15:00
Message: <web.437f6b34442657b89d6a7880@news.povray.org>
I have taken higher level maths here college and all of them use a different
coordinate system than povray. From what I understand, povray uses a x-z 2d
plane with a y 3d dimension plane. I am used to a x-y 2d and z 3d.

This really shouldn't matter, should it? I can just place my camera looking
at a certain way and i can describe all of my objects in any coordinates I
would like.
If this is the case, then my code below would simply produce a sphere but
for some odd reason, it doesnt.. it just produces a black screen. Anyone
help? Or is the only option to use the correct coord system?
Let me know

#include "colors.inc"
background{ color LightBlue }
camera{