POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Beta version 10 of 3.7 Expiring EXE? : Re: Beta version 10 of 3.7 Expiring EXE? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:27:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta version 10 of 3.7 Expiring EXE?
From:  dave
Date: 18 Nov 2005 14:55:01
Message: <web.437e2fe657d8b5cd29b504010@news.povray.org>
"DL Drafting" <dl### [at] ilandnet> wrote:
> The download page for the 3.7 POV-Ray version 10 states that the EXE has
> expired. Does this mean I won't be able to run it if I download it?  Thanks
> for any help with this one. Dan

It appears not. I just downloaded the beta and tested it and Im getting an
'expired' message when I run the exe's. and I so need that damn symmetric
multiprocessing right about now.

So what on earth is going on? Why have a beta expire at all? And if you do
have a beta that expires, why is it still available for download? this
doesn't make sense to me, someone please explain it.

Is there any way of getting hold of a working version elsewhere?

thanks for your time.