POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : povray 3.6 doesn't work anymore : Re: povray 3.6 doesn't work anymore Server Time
2 Jun 2024 02:01:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray 3.6 doesn't work anymore
From: Burki
Date: 18 Nov 2005 13:15:01
Message: <web.437e19ce308e9d9e4f17dd8d0@news.povray.org>
"RusHHouR" <gee### [at] mailnu> wrote:
> Thanks Chris, I had the same problemo and that worked 4 me..
> thx again

I had the same problem. In my case I put some pov files into a zip folder. I
extracted the contents of the zip folder into a new folder an the desktop.
I double clicked on one of the pov files, POV-Ray started, I rendered an
everything was fine. Then I closed POV-Ray without closing the scene file
window first.

Because everything was in the zip file, I deleted the folder with the
extracted files and I didn't remember the name of the folder as I named it
only by typing randomly - something like "ljdfasdf".

Theses crashes also appeared earlier, but it was allways possible to rescue
3.6 by placing the pov files into the original path (e.g. desktop). But
today this wasn't possible because I couldn't recall the folders name.

So I downloaded the zip file and put "cmedit32.dll" into the bin folder and
POV-Ray startet properly.

But,

 for people that may also have this problem -
Couldn't you make a download possible, where you _only_ get the dll ? Would
save a lot of download time.

Not to forget: My system is Windows XP home edition (with several
patches...).

 Yours,
 Bu.

post mailum: I wondered if I was allowed just to do this job, but I don't
know if you like somebody to upload anything of your software to a third
party server. May I?