POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Static Noise : Re: Static Noise Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Static Noise
From: iceqb
Date: 15 Nov 2005 08:50:00
Message: <web.4379e6ca60c7a1428323aad0@news.povray.org>
Raf256 <spa### [at] raf256cominvalid> wrote:
> iceqb <web.43790d9160c7a1428323aad0@news.povray.org> Monday 14 of November
> 2005 23:20
>
> Hmm, I _think_ the goal is to remember that TV texture is discreet with
> limited resolution of about 700x500 pixels, while normal POVray pigments
> have almost "infinite accuaraycy".
>
> Perhaps you shold created image texture, hmm I forgot the syntax (someone
> can remind me?) but it was like
>
> pigment 700,500 {
>   bozo ...
>   scale ...
> }
>

> --

Thanks for the tip, but I'm actually trying to achieve a realistic
light-emission from the tv, it's supposed to be the only light_source in
the scene. I thought about a light_source behind a transparenc map, but
that didn't work out. So I'm using or a high ambient value in combination
with radiosity, or emmisive media.

The suggestion about an image_map is good, because the texture didn't seem
quite wright.

thanks