POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Liquid animation 14 : Re: Liquid animation 14 Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:31:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Liquid animation 14
From: fidos
Date: 12 Nov 2005 04:20:01
Message: <web.4375b276767e1473ca3f77910@news.povray.org>
"Jaap" <jws### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> "fidos" <fid### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:
> > suppose that some water enter a little bit in the object at each iteration
>
> Can you calculate the volume of the water during the simulation? Then you
> can just add the "lost" waster to the bottom of the tank after each
> iteration.
I had a similar idea : to add a source term in the bulk of the water body in
order to create water volume in order to compensate the lost. It should be
very easy to do.
> There may be a mistake like intersecting the object with the water of the
> next frame, since you seem to loose quite a lot of water.
I just found a problem of offset between the mesh of the object and the
isosurface representing it ...

> Speaking of water simulations, have you seen:
> http://www.richardrosenman.com/plumber.htm  (I liked it a lot :-)
Amazing. Beautifull and funny. They used the realflow tool of the NextLimit
company. It's an impressive tool
(http://www.nextlimit.com/realflow/index.html and see the Galery). It uses
particules and gives more freedom than in my "small" simulation (I use an
isosurface representing the water body).

Regards,
Fidos