POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Liquid animation 14 : Re: Liquid animation 14 Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:56:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Liquid animation 14
From: fidos
Date: 11 Nov 2005 08:00:01
Message: <web.437494eb767e14739934a8e80@news.povray.org>
"Jaap" <jws### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Very nice !
> I really like the focusing of the light on the table, near the end of the
> animation.
>
> Since the blur sampling is random in each frame, it looks a bit strange, but
> i think there is no way to avoid this. (apart from using very high blur
> quality settings)
I use radiosity with very low count. I think it also contribute to introduce
more change from frame to frame. I think it was a mistake to use radiosity
for that type of scene.

> maybe it would be nice to just make multiple copies if the first and last
> frame, and add them at the start end end of the animation, to make it
> easier to see the first part of the animation.
> maybe it's possible possible to render some extra frames that show a falling
> cup, that ends up right where your simulation starts. the rendering of
> those frames should be fast, since you can just model the water surface as
> a flat plane.
> Or maybe do it in your simulator: a simple (just falling object) simulation
> until some object-water contact is detected ?
In the previous animation, I animated the object alone in MegaPov up to the
time the rendering reach the start time of the simulation. During the fly
of the object, I use the initial water object for the redering.

> Jaap.

Thanks for your comments.

Fidos