POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Using external data in ISO-surface function : Using external data in ISO-surface function Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Using external data in ISO-surface function
From: jidrobo
Date: 10 Nov 2005 13:20:00
Message: <web.43738e1aaaaba4bfb84b003c0@news.povray.org>
I would like to use external data to make an isosurface. However, I do not
exactly know what is the format of the external file that I should use.

I assume that the file should be in ascii format and each line should have
the data in this way:

<x1,y1,z1>
<x2,y2,z3>
<xn,yn,zn>

But I am not quite sure. I saw in a web site that I could upload an external
file and then used in a isosurface function as it is mentioned at the end,
but it is not working, or I do not quite understand (see at the end of this
message)....
HELPPPPP!!!

Juano

=============
#declare ISO = 1;                  // turn wavefunctions on
#declare NX = 51;                  // set grid size
#declare NY = 51;                  //
#declare NZ = 51;                  //
#declare LEVSCALE = 15;

#ifdef (ISO)
#declare wfun1 = function {"data_3D_3",
     <-LEVSCALE>, library "i_dat3d","wfn_NN.xyzi",<NX+1,NY+1,NZ+1,0>}

 isosurface {
       function{wfun1}
       bounded_by{box{<0,0,0>, <NX,NY,NZ>}}
       threshold -1
       max_gradient 1.000
       eval
       texture { pigment {color rgbt <1.0,0.0,0.0,0.8>} }
 }
======