POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re orientation help request : Re orientation help request Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re orientation help request
From: Tim McMurdo
Date: 4 Nov 2005 15:40:00
Message: <web.436bc70ea9abf7dacb32c570@news.povray.org>
I have read and expperimented and read and experimented before, buit I just
can't get thie one. I am using trace to locate an object on the surface of
another. no problem there. However, I can't figure out how to reorient the
object on the surface so that it aligns with the surface normal at the
point of intersection.

Could somebody shopw me a snippet of code that will do this? Somethin simple
like positioning a box on the surface of a sphere will do. I can take it
from there.

Thanks,

Tim