POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About Direction Length & Focal Length & Angle of View : About Direction Length & Focal Length & Angle of View Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  About Direction Length & Focal Length & Angle of View
From: jiangzhijun
Date: 3 Nov 2005 11:45:00
Message: <web.436a3d63ef9391dff30002e90@news.povray.org>
As from the POV help docs:The length of the direction vector determines the
distance of the viewing plane from the camera's location. A shorter
direction vector gives a wider view while a longer vector zooms in for
close-ups(which can be thought of as being similar to a real camera lens'
focal length - the longer the "direction" vector, the longer the focal
length, and the more "zoomed in" your image will be).  The longer the focal
length the smaller the angle of view.
  So,My question IS: How can we get such a image sequence that the focal
length of the perspective camera is fixed while the meantime it is moving
around in the scene? as In my mind,the camera moves,so the direction vector
varies,and the focal length would certainly varies,Is this true?