POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Graphics into POV-Ray : Re: Graphics into POV-Ray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Graphics into POV-Ray
From: djgtram
Date: 1 Nov 2005 05:50:00
Message: <web.4367473516ed75633abf13c30@news.povray.org>
Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:

> If you can export your vectors as an svg file, then inkscape can extrude
> a POV object from them.

Right now I'm experimenting with the same approach I used ten years ago:
creating a True Type font with the element objects and combining them in
POV-Ray... I was hoping for a simpler solution, maybe an EPS-POV converter
or similar (with very limited support of EPS, of course, not just EPS of
any kind but basic objects, or maybe Adobe Illustrator's AI format, this
one used to be rather simple around its version 3).

Thanks,