POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ringworld re-re-revisited : Re: Ringworld re-re-revisited Server Time
4 May 2024 15:43:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ringworld re-re-revisited
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 31 Oct 2005 12:00:00
Message: <web.43664d07ca18a3ea731f01d10@news.povray.org>
David Buck <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote:
> The 3.6.0 source code is the latest I can access, so I can't make the
> change on 3.6.1.  I've asked Chris Cason to make the change in the
> latest stream so it will appear in the 3.7 betas.  He'll have to decide
> whether or not to make the change.

Everything's alright! I found a copy of 3.6.0 on one of the mirror sites,
plugged in the new pvengine, fired it up and it works a treat. I'll post
some results tomorrow (when it's finished rendering!).

It seems to be running more slowly that the previous version - is there a
time cost for this alteration or is it something I've done? If there's a
demand for it maybe the tolerance could go into global_settings or
something...

Thanks anyway David! That's end-user support above and beyond the call of
duty, I'd say. Microsoft, take note... :)

Bill