POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Liquid animation 13 : Re: Liquid animation 13 Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Liquid animation 13
From: fidos
Date: 28 Oct 2005 02:25:00
Message: <web.4361c3f2e81a81d08536a7700@news.povray.org>
Hello Kyle,

What you noticed on top of the ball (the water seems floating in the air and
dispear) is due to a gap between the water isosurface and the ball mesh. It
is perhaps the mesh that is smaller than the isosurface that I use for the
simulation. An other reason may be an offset introduce during the rendering
between the two types of objects (mesh/isosurface).

Hello Jaap,

The acceleration may come from the movement of the water below the ball. The
coeficient that translate the tangential speed to a tangential force (and
then a torque for a sphere) is perhape to strong.

The simulation was around 12 hours and the rendering around 10 hours.

I use a P4 3.2 GHz with 1 Go of RAM. On software side, I use Windows XP and
MegaPov 1.0.

Thank you for your positive comments.

Regards,
Fidos.