POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Can't get Moray working with MegaPOV : Re: Can't get Moray working with MegaPOV Server Time
15 May 2024 13:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't get Moray working with MegaPOV
From: Derek
Date: 20 Oct 2005 15:25:01
Message: <web.4357eea2f7e4984cac7a027c0@news.povray.org>
Actually, Stephen, I can't even get it working with the sample mld files
that Moray comes with (such as whale04.mdl and coffeecup.mdl).  If I make a
standard sphere with a light and a camera it still doesn't work.  I'm
trying the absolute most basic stuff to get it working and it just won't
for some reason.  I wrote into Moray and got the following reply:

Hi Derek,

yes, Moray V3.5 is not compatible with POV-Ray 3.6 and later, due to seom
changes in the way that POV-Ray communicates with addins. I haven't been
able to determine how to fix this yet, so POV-Ray 3.6 is not officially
supported by Moray V3.5.
Regards,
- Lutz

This makes me wonder how you got so lucky as to get these programs to work
together.  If you still want me to post an mdl file I can, but I'm not
trying to get anything special to work at the moment, just anything at all,
and even the included Moray mdl files crash the programs.