POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Has the Blobman been retired? : Has the Blobman been retired? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:25:52 EDT (-0400)
  Has the Blobman been retired?
From: Ard
Date: 17 Oct 2005 22:05:01
Message: <web.4354576d48f7f6d5ed802ab30@news.povray.org>
I'm after some human figures to populate a model I've built of a rock
concert.
At the moment it's a Milli Vanilli gig: lots of effects but no talent.

I don't particularly want to use Poser because while Windows is an option
I'm doing most of the rendering under Linux.  The characters don't have to
be that fabulous, and if I use them in the audience as well as on stage,
they need to be cheap to render.

So the Blobman will suit, but the macros are five years old.  Is there a
version more recent than 4.2?  Or has the Blobman been superceded?

Many, many thanks in advance.