POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Perfect Image Re-Render? : Re: Perfect Image Re-Render? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Perfect Image Re-Render?
From: How Camp
Date: 14 Oct 2005 11:20:00
Message: <web.434fcba0cfbe6099af56bf270@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>   Probably gamma issues.
>   Do you have a assumed_gamma setting in your scene? If yes, comment it out.
> If no, then try something like 1.0 or 2.2. Or something.

You're good, Warp.  :)

No, I don't have assumed_gamma.  I added it, with a value of 1.0, and things
are better, but not perfect.  I ended up lowering the image_map's ambient
value to some screwy value (0.57) to compensate.  Not sure why this is.

My original image has no specific assumed_gamma value, either.  Naively, I
would think if I have identical assumed_gamma values in my original and my
're-rendered' scene, shouldn't I get the same color from each pixel?

Were I to add an assumed_gamma of 1.0 to my original image, I would not
expect any improvement, since originally both renders lacked any
assumed_gamma setting.

- How