POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Halting Pretrace Render (and Saving the Image)? : Re: Halting Pretrace Render (and Saving the Image)? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Halting Pretrace Render (and Saving the Image)?
From: How Camp
Date: 5 Oct 2005 12:40:00
Message: <web.43440185d7574e1daf56bf270@news.povray.org>
Skip Talbot <Ski### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> You could set the antialias settings to the max to stall the rendering
> of the final pass.

Thanks, Skip.  I actually tried this, and it works reasonably well for a
single image.  Perhaps I can set up an external script to take successive
screenshots for a set of images.

Hmm, I don't suppose it's possible to get povray to execute a shell command
just prior to the final trace...?  :)  Obviously not, or somebody would
have pointed this out already.

- How (Stumped)