POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Render time consideration : Render time consideration Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:47:26 EDT (-0400)
  Render time consideration
From: benahpets
Date: 20 Sep 2005 04:55:00
Message: <web.432fcd6d4d113789a14d5b880@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm rendering a 30 second animation (640*480) and i've some problems with
the render time (30 minute per frame). My anim uses a detailed model of a
car (the files describing the geometry weigh more than 150 Mo). Is POV Ray
keeping the geometry in memory between frames or (as i think it) the whole
files are parsed again for every frame. Is there a solution for this
problem?? I already use my own application to distribute rendering over a
network... Seems like the only solution i have is to increase the number of
render devices

Regards,

ben