POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov Tarot : Re: Pov Tarot Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:30:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov Tarot
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 17 Sep 2005 09:05:01
Message: <web.432c1400c375bb011fdaad0@news.povray.org>
"jceddy" <jce### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I am interested in organising a ray-traced tarot and was wondering how many
> people would be interested in contributing to such a project...

Actually, I started work on a deck a while back then wandered off to other
projects.  Folks who wish to can take a look at the four cards I actually
finished here:

http://home.wyan.org/author/tarot.htm

Splitting up the work might be a good way of actually finishing a deck.
Also, it would incorporate multiple points of view, which I deem
particularly appropriate for the tarot.  It might be a good idea to set
basic visual and aesthetic themes (color palettes, textures, etc.) in the
early stages to give the finished deck a unified look.  The trick, I
believe, would be not to make these thematic guidelines seem too much like
"rules" that would inhibit the range and creativity of the artists.

In any event, the project sounds like a great opportunity to flex a few

know how I can help.

-Mike