POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to create multiple images in a batch : Re: How to create multiple images in a batch Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:12:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to create multiple images in a batch
From: ttread
Date: 10 Sep 2005 14:40:01
Message: <web.432327de7ba95ca1a02959570@news.povray.org>
Ok, I have tried passing a string value through the command line using the
syntax:

Declare=TEXT_VAR="Foo"

This does not work because the value gets converted to a float type.
Apparently it's not possible to pass a string on the command line.

I guess I will use the animation clock value and test it against a case
statement to select different strings.