POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Neon Tubes (Anyone can tell me how to make them emit light) : Re: Neon Tubes (Anyone can tell me how to make them emit light) Server Time
18 May 2024 17:06:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Neon Tubes (Anyone can tell me how to make them emit light)
From: NumbC
Date: 9 Sep 2005 10:30:01
Message: <web.43219c41fb56d428726bd13c0@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I'll attached a file of what this will look like. Please excuse me if
> the object looks similar. I liked it and wanted to make it look the same
> (but makes a darn good demo-scene) :)

Glad you liked it and go ahead and use the idea ;) Love to see your end
result.

I couldn't wait until I got home so I started a new scene during my
lunchbreak at work. I have attached an example render which looks much more
promising than what I got earlier. I placed no lightsources in this scene
so the result is definately what I'm after.

And yes I know ... this sorta thing should be animated (on my to-do list)
LOL

I hope you like it and I will continue experimenting this weekend.

NumbC

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'neon test 004.jpg' (68 KB)