POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Neon Tubes (Anyone can tell me how to make them emit light) : Re: Neon Tubes (Anyone can tell me how to make them emit light) Server Time
18 May 2024 17:11:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Neon Tubes (Anyone can tell me how to make them emit light)
From: Joanne Simpson
Date: 7 Sep 2005 21:55:00
Message: <web.431f98c3fb56d428500142a10@news.povray.org>
> As the tubes are transparent, using emiting media should be considered, but this
will also increase
> rendering time.
Emitting media is surprisingly fast. In the image below (of neon tubes)
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.42d71153a5704711500142a10%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=217682
&toff=100
I used an emitting media with a density map to get some variability in the
light. I also used some scene lighting to get a bit of a hazy glow in the
atmosphere around the lights.
I seem to remember it only took a few minutes, but sadly I lost the file
when my computer was replaced.
Joanne
http://www.onewhiteraven.com