POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : About Fry an Egg (actually general upgrade to POV files question.) : Re: About Fry an Egg (actually general upgrade to POV files question.) Server Time
1 Jun 2024 07:03:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About Fry an Egg (actually general upgrade to POV files question.)
From: nomail
Date: 2 Sep 2005 08:45:00
Message: <web.4318484b97eb97b5261430450@news.povray.org>
"Fred Smith" <paj### [at] verizonnet> wrote:
> I was trying to render this and the coder uses a #declare #while structure
> which 3.6 doesn't like.
> Also I have found lots of POV files which have brackets { and } with several
> lines in between and POV 3.6
> says that there is no closing bracket. } Is there a utility or FAQ for
> newbies how to convert a POV 3.1 or earlier
> file so it will render correctly in 3.6?

POV files are nothing more than text files. You do *not* need to convert
anything! From the little information you give it looks like you just have
a broken file that has newlines where it should not and thus is *not* a
valid POV file that *any* version of POV-Ray could read. You should be
looking for a copy of the file that is not broken, or repair the file you
have by removing the newlines in the places where they do not belong.