POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Atmosperic media and filename questions : Re: Atmosperic media and filename questions Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:27:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Atmosperic media and filename questions
From: Chrisblob
Date: 24 Aug 2005 03:50:00
Message: <web.430c2651b1e8c0ad51e30020@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

"Bryan Valencia" <pov### [at] spamgourmetcom> wrote:
> Try using a black plane behind the scene.  If you're turning the camera,
> then use a black hollow sphere.

The black hollow sphere is the winner! Thanks, but an interesting issue
has arisen...The closer I get to the projector (in theory shaft of light
should appear brighter), the darker the shaft of light gets. I've played
with fade_distance and fade_power, but to no avail...the beam of light
from the projector is darker right where the light source is than it is
closer to the screen...

Anyone able to point me in the direction of a workaround for that issue?

Kind regards,

Chris W,
Brisbane, Australia.