POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : negative index of refraction : negative index of refraction Server Time
5 May 2024 13:52:04 EDT (-0400)
  negative index of refraction
From: wolfman
Date: 23 Aug 2005 06:30:00
Message: <web.430af991dbeb5830984942950@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I'm currently working with a group of physicists who fabricate so-called
"metamaterials". Don't worry, I don't want to bother you with details, but
the bottom-line is that those materials possess a negative index of
refraction (ior). Since this is very unusual and the consequences are not
obvious at once, we would like to make some examples what would happen if
you sticked e.g. your feet not into water but into this material (you could
see your feet in front of you...).

My question now is: Is it possible to change POV-ray's source code in order
to implement negative ior's? Or is it too difficult?

Unfortunately I'm not that familiar with the code, it would take ages for me
to find it...

Thx in advance...