POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray v3.7.beta.8 available. : Re: POV-Ray v3.7.beta.8 available. Server Time
5 May 2024 08:09:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.7.beta.8 available.
From: gregjohn
Date: 22 Aug 2005 14:30:01
Message: <web.430a1945a50f64ba40d56c170@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason <nos### [at] deletethispovrayorg> wrote:
> POV-Ray 3.7.beta.8 is available from http://www.povray.org/beta/.

Is this process a hint that you're ultimately working on a truly GPL'able
version of povray?  Are yall progressively rewriting sections of code?

The reason I'm asking is that I've been doing some advocacy to get povray
included in some linux distros. I've already seen one case where someone
has misinterpreted the povray license.

The point is that if things are going to change "soon", meaning months
rather than years, I may just put my feet up.

----
Greg M. Johnson