POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : True catenary : Re: True catenary Server Time
19 May 2024 10:50:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: True catenary
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 17 Aug 2005 03:20:00
Message: <web.4302e41d5de03cffad93754b0@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> PM 2Ring wrote:
>
> > I didn't like the first result I got, but this one is rather tasty, if I do
> > say so myself. :)
>
> I sooooo agree!
>
> wow.. Nice :)

Thanks, Mike!

> I'm still debating whether its glass or plexiglass, though. I'm leaning
> toward saying it looks like glass.

It /should/ be glass; see below for the relevant parameters. I used the
two-pass method of rendering a half-size no AA version to generate the
photon & radiosity files.

I've been polishing up the Chain() macro & have written some user
documentation for it. Do you have any suggestions?

///////////////////////

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.0
  #if(Use_Photons)
  photons {
    autostop 0
    count 28e4
    #if(Use_Photons=2)save_file PhotonFile #end
    #if(Use_Photons=3)load_file PhotonFile #end

  }
  #end

  #if(Use_Radio)
  radiosity{
    pretrace_end 0.01
    always_sample 1
    #if(Use_Radio=2)save_file RadioFile #end
    #if(Use_Radio=3)load_file RadioFile pretrace_end 1 always_sample 0 #end
  }
  #end

  max_trace_level 25
}

#declare TGlass0 =
texture{
  pigment{rgbf<.9, .975, 1, 1>}
  finish{F_Glass8}
}

#declare Torus1 =
object {
  Torus
  texture{TGlass0}
  //pigment{rgb x}finish{ambient 0 reflection .1 specular 1}
 interior {
  ior 1.5
  dispersion 1.05
  //dispersion_samples 5 //20