POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Megapov 1.2 - mechsim - How can I remove a mass : Re: Megapov 1.2 - mechsim - How can I remove a mass Server Time
16 May 2024 05:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Megapov 1.2 - mechsim - How can I remove a mass
From: submersible toaster
Date: 14 Aug 2005 08:20:01
Message: <web.42ff363ba3e0ebc673647170@news.povray.org>
So something like this might be called right after load_file , expires some
mass objects . It would require either careful use of concat() and str() or
a shell-out to something that can read a file listing the mass indexes to
expire. ??

#macro ExpireMass_Distance( Point, Distance )

#if (mechsim:mass_count)
 #while (Cnt<mechsim:mass_count)
  #local Mass_Pos = mechsim:mass(Cnt):position
  #if (vlength( Mass_Pos - Point ) < Distance )
    //Do nothing mass in still in range
  #else
    //Mass is out of range and should be removed
    //Write sim data to a temporary file?
    // Or write Cnt to a temporary file and shell-out to script to remove
from MSIM
 #local Cnt=Cnt+1;
 #end
#end

> modifying the data file.  To be more precise: access to simulation data
> from the scene file is completely read-only.

Is that by design or simply that it's not a often requested feature?