POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Posable, Animatable Hands : Re: Posable, Animatable Hands Server Time
22 Jun 2024 06:51:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Posable, Animatable Hands
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 10 Aug 2005 23:25:00
Message: <web.42fac48c62eb07b4ad93754b0@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> wrote:
> Okay, I've never posted to a newsgroup in my life, so if I mess it up,
> forgive me. This is code for posable hands. They aren't perfect but kinda
> fun to play with anyway. I've attach a GIF animation as well.

They look good, Janet. Thanks for sharing the source code.

I can imagine them playing a piano, or some other musical instrument. All we
need is a macro to translate sheet music into hand motions. :)

> // Note - clock is for animations. colck* can be removed for still images.
> //        Looks like clock defaults to 0.

Yes, clock defaults to 0, but (to quote from the docs) "you can set it to
any float value using the INI file option Clock=n.n or the command-line
switch +Kn.n to pass a single float value to your scene file". See
3.2.1.3.6  Built-in Variables.

> #declare aT = clock*32;       //angle at which thumb joints bend  - THUMB

> #declare arT = (aT/180)*pi ;     //angle in radians

You can also do this conversion using the builtin radians function:

#declare arT = radians(aT);