POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray on PlayStation 3? : Re: POV-Ray on PlayStation 3? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:25:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray on PlayStation 3?
From: Ghost Dog
Date: 2 Aug 2005 09:05:04
Message: <web.42ef6f21837e7861b318f8ca0@news.povray.org>
Kyle <hob### [at] gatenet> wrote:
> On Mon,  1 Aug 2005 22:03:09 EDT, "Ghost_Dog"
> <gho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
> >Linux on PS3? if that takes off, then Microsoft will have problems...
> >On the plus side, that also suggests the PS3 would need some kind of hard
> >drive...
>
> Here's a brief article on it...
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/09/news_6127219.html
Inreesting article. I think it would be suicidal for sony not make HDD's
available for us designers. The power of the PS3 for graphics would be
immense.
Here's a screenie:
http://z.about.com/d/playstation/1/5/R/3/kz3.jpg

> I would think that Linux on the PS3 should fare a little better.

I don't know about that-besides you can bet that if Linux is made available,
Microsoft and maybe Apple will dive in...
Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Linux get the recognition it
deserves, but MS and Apple won't let this oppertunity slip away. Besides
some people might not appreciate paying for Linux, and no retailer gives
away full software for free...