POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : still struggling with arcs : still struggling with arcs Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:31:45 EDT (-0400)
  still struggling with arcs
From: Chrisir
Date: 2 Aug 2005 05:50:00
Message: <web.42ef411ef53b32ec2b95ac0c0@news.povray.org>
Hello!

I am still struggling with my arcs I wanted to have like an up-side-down U
(see posting some weeks back).

I started with a spline, placing spheres on it, but this is far to slow to
render since I have *a lot* of those arcs. Is there any quick arc? Maybe
originated from a torus or some other trick?

I like them in a right-angle above my plane,
give the start-point P1 and end-point P2 and a certain height h.

A macro with three parameters P1,P2,h would be cool!

Thanks!