POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : How to postprocess instead of re-render in MegaPOV : Re: How to postprocess instead of re-render in MegaPOV Server Time
15 May 2024 00:54:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to postprocess instead of re-render in MegaPOV
From: Elmar Krieger
Date: 29 Jul 2005 09:15:00
Message: <web.42ea2b8a8cf789648fd3abd0@news.povray.org>
> No, the current post processing is simply not very efficient (it is
> designed to be very flexible but this limits performance quite
> significantly).  What you think is a second render is simply gathering
> the depth information from the data stored during the main render.

Thanks for your quick reply Christoph.
Is there maybe a trick to bypass the macro bottleneck and quickly dump the
collected depth + normal information into a binary file which I can then
analyze myself? (especially the edge detection is a factor 100 slower than
the actual rendering).

Greetings,
Elmar