POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : How to postprocess instead of re-render in MegaPOV : How to postprocess instead of re-render in MegaPOV Server Time
15 May 2024 05:09:37 EDT (-0400)
  How to postprocess instead of re-render in MegaPOV
From: Elmar Krieger
Date: 29 Jul 2005 06:35:01
Message: <web.42ea050141587f4c8fd3abd0@news.povray.org>
Hi!

Just switched from PovRay to MegaPOV to create a depth map using the
PP_Init_Depth_Output() / PP_Depth(min,max) postprocessing feature.

Unfortunately the postprocessing is currently a re-rendering, getting image
+ depth map takes twice as long as getting only the image (also in the +D0
graphical output I see the depthmap being rendered line by line on top of
the image).

So I figured that the internal storage of the depth information does not
work during the main render pass (even though I used PP_Init_Depth_Output),
and MegaPOV has to render a second time.
I looked for additional options to activate an internal buffer and saw that
old PovRays supported 'Buffer_Output' and 'Buffer_Size'. Or what else do I
need to activate?

Many thanks for your help and the great work on MegaPOV,

Elmar