POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 3.6 breaks down on startup : Re: POV 3.6 breaks down on startup Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:29:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 3.6 breaks down on startup
From: pink ink
Date: 27 Jul 2005 20:15:01
Message: <web.42e82219e6bbc1fa84faa690@news.povray.org>
I also had the same problem.

> Bagoas:  I'm not too familiar with W XP, but is it possible that there are
> refrences to another version of pov-ray still in the registry?

I found the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\POV-Ray" in the registry,
deinstalled POV-Ray and deleted the key.

> when all refrences have been removed, reboot, and reninstall pov-ray.

Works even without rebooting. I reinstalled POV-Ray directly after deleting
the reference and started it afterwards.
It's working again !!!

Thanks a lot for this great hint, woodcarver!

pink ink