POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Complex blending between multiple image_maps : Re: Complex blending between multiple image_maps Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:32:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complex blending between multiple image_maps
From: Eric James
Date: 25 Jul 2005 10:50:00
Message: <web.42e4fb79299815bbcc017cc80@news.povray.org>
> I don't think that question means anything in POV. What are you trying
> to do with the mesh vertices that's different from other points on the
> surface? Where would you be getting the vertex colours from when you've
> not created the pigment yet?

You're quite right.  Some of the objects I'm trying to import blend between
textures based on the colors specified for the mesh vertices themselves.  I
incorrectly assumed I'd be able to do the equivalent in POV.  The only
option I seem to have is to convert that vertex color based blending into
vertex-texture interpolation as defined in the 2.4.2.4.2 section of the
documentation, though going from one method to the other doesn't look to be
easy.

Thanks again for all the help.