POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Complex blending between multiple image_maps : Re: Complex blending between multiple image_maps Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complex blending between multiple image_maps
From: Eric James
Date: 22 Jul 2005 18:35:00
Message: <web.42e1721d299815bb3b6b98ba0@news.povray.org>

> It's not easy. What you have to do is this:

Wow, you're not kidding. ;)  That does look complicated, but definitely
workable.    I can't wait to try that out first thing Monday.

I have only one remaining question, how can I bring mesh vertex alphas or
mesh vertex colors into the equations, such that I can use them as the
blending parameters, such that the equation would be something like:
final_color = (img1_color * vert_alpha) + (img2_color * (1.0 - vert_alpha));

Many thanks for the help!  I definitely think I'll be able to get this
working and I would not have been able to do so on my own.

Eric