POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : big problem cmedit32.dll : big problem cmedit32.dll Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:31:48 EDT (-0400)
  big problem cmedit32.dll
From: michael45
Date: 22 Jul 2005 16:55:00
Message: <web.42e15c7962bd4bb7b1049cb0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I will try to describe my problem as clear as possible:

I installed the latest version (3.6) of POV-Ray a couple of days ago. During
these days I did some experiments - especially to export some models from
available (pay-and freeware) modelers around the scene into POV.

As far as good. But suddenly - from one moment to the other, the launching
of POV fails. Doing a new start of the program, the famous MS-message comes
up: An error has occured (cmedit.dll) and the program must shut down.....

So I deinstalled the program, had a look at the regestry and some files,
stored under `documents and settings` and so far. All of them I could
located, was removed, now.

After a fresh installion of POV, the problem persits further on (without
removing my own datas). ?? So I was not able to run all my scripts, I
created since the first installation.

What now ?. So I am running some PC`s (networked), at last I tried to start
POV from another PC (over the network, not installed at this one). And it
works! But that`s not a solution for my problem, because the station I want
to work with, is my Athlon 4000+ / Nvidia 6800 Ultra / Windows XP, Sp2 -
for better performance.

Any ideas from anybodie, what might going wrong?

Michael (Germany)