POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : fat layer under skin... : Re: fat layer under skin... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:30:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fat layer under skin...
From: brandon
Date: 21 Jul 2005 05:35:00
Message: <web.42df6badad2fdcfbd8911cd30@news.povray.org>
Thanks Jim.

Hrrm, it looks like I was mistaken, it's probably not the layer that
contains fat, it's above that, probably the dermis since they didn't bleed
(above the larger veins) and it was white (under the pigment layer).
For rendering purposes, I suppose all layers under the pigment layer would
be white.

For reference, here is a nice graphic showing the layers here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/Skin_Anathomy_and_Physiology.htm