POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Smooth inclined surface with hills : Smooth inclined surface with hills Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:27:23 EDT (-0400)
  Smooth inclined surface with hills
From: Architect
Date: 20 Jul 2005 14:00:00
Message: <web.42de90b114fef1afa040ba090@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have a specific scene in mind. I want to create a smooth land with small
hills. From the camera, surface goes down and comes back up in the
distance.  I was'nt able to create a heightfield that can be rendered as I
wanted. Heightfield generators seem to work well for randomly created
terrains but not for specific topologies. I tried terragen and was very
unhappy with the result.

1) Is there a an easy way to paint the heightfield in any tool?

2) Isosurface seems promising but need some guidence. Isosurface tutorial
was not helpful for generating a special terrain.

Thanks in advance