POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Getting good glows over high-intensity areas : Re: more to be said Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:28:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more to be said
From: ZainAnak
Date: 20 Jul 2005 10:25:00
Message: <web.42de5e3fa93ad1b23b6b98ba0@news.povray.org>
Bob, thanks for all the help!

I had an idea, though.  If you look at the original picture I posted as a
reference, you'll notice that it's a pretty small, well-defined bleed that
occurs at the sun line.  I was wondering- couldn't I achieve this with some
sort of area light setup?  All I really want, after all, is the sun lines
to be a *little* blurrier than normal- I don't want everything bright in
the scene to glare out, like your sample code would do.  Here is my current
light:

light_source {
  <-5000, 4000, 15000>
  color rgb <0.8, 0.4, 0.2>*4.1
}

how would you turn this into a light with slightly fuzzier lines?

Thanks!
-ZA