POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Getting good glows over high-intensity areas : Getting good glows over high-intensity areas Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Getting good glows over high-intensity areas
From: ZainAnak
Date: 18 Jul 2005 19:05:01
Message: <web.42dc3438ea2831f43b6b98ba0@news.povray.org>
Hi all.  I'm really enjoying PovRay and playing with all the settings for
radiosity, GI, etc.

I'm noticing, though, that there is a subtle element of glow I'm missing
around my sunlit areas, and I don't know how to achieve it.  Here is a
perfect example, rendered in Lightwave, of what I'm trying to achieve:

http://hdri.cgtechniques.com/~sponza/show.php?id=40

Pay attention to the line where the sunlight falls- there is a subtle glow
that adds a tremendous amount of realism.  I'm getting good sunlight in my
Pov scenes, but the line is always perfectly sharp- not glowed and
realistic as in this photo.

Any ideas?

-ZA