POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Penrose tiling code : Re: Penrose tiling code Server Time
1 Jun 2024 20:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Penrose tiling code
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 18 Jul 2005 12:30:01
Message: <web.42dbd865660bab327196f5900@news.povray.org>
Alex <pov### [at] lazysodorguk> wrote:
> As requested, here is some code for generating Penrose tilings.
>
> This was my development code, with some comments added. It just produces
> a plain tiling image in a similar fashion to fractint.

Thanks for the code!

A while back, I posted an include file, with the code lifted from an IRTC
entry by John Van Sickle:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C3fafcd40%241%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=215138&toff=150

I thought at the time that there should be some sort of method of generating
the tilings based on "seeds" as you have done, but I couldn't puzzle it
out.  Now I'll have to look over your code, to see how you did it.

Oh, also, really cool geomag images, by the way!

Dave Matthews