POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Outlines of triangles : Re: Outlines of triangles Server Time
1 Aug 2024 16:29:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Outlines of triangles
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 12 Jul 2005 07:45:00
Message: <web.42d3acf58612cf391917bb8b0@news.povray.org>
"B" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can I draw the outlines of triangles in a mesh?

I don't think there's an easy way to do this, but I'd love someone to show
me that I'm wrong. :)

> Is there for example a
> function which computes the distance of any point to the nearest triangle
> boundary, for use in a color/pigment map?

Not really. Do you have to do this with a mesh? I normally make such grids
in POV using cylinders & spheres.

It hurts me to say this, but maybe you should consider using a mesh-based
renderer with built-in wireframe capabilities for this job...