POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : normals and textures using texture_map : Re: normals and textures using texture_map Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: normals and textures using texture_map
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 3 Jul 2005 20:10:01
Message: <web.42c87d7ef2296874ad93754b0@news.povray.org>
Ross <rli### [at] speakeasynet> wrote:

> >> Is it possible to apply a normal on "t3" (see comment in "t3") without
> >> specifying a normal on "t1" and "t2"? If so, how?
> >
> > No, but I think the following does what you want.
> >

> :snip:
>
> > I hope this helps.
>
> Yes, that looks good I think. Thanks for the technique. Looks really goopy
> and bumpy :)
>
> Thanks,
> ross

My pleasure! Yes, it does look good. I'm going to try an isosurface version.

Thanks for showing me that trick of multiple repeat warps, I'll have to
investigate this further.

Here's my first scene using repeat & black hole warps. You may need to
adjust the gamma; I messed up the conversion from .png to .jpg.

<web.42bd012124f9fc099b7567e60@news.povray.org>