POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Flickering texture : Flickering texture Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:10:10 EDT (-0400)
  Flickering texture
From: peter
Date: 28 Jun 2005 08:30:00
Message: <web.42c141faa0ef929ffc5520c90@news.povray.org>
Hello!

I created an animation of some cups flying through a valley. The problem
with the animation is that the valley itself flickers terribly. I first
rendered the images without anti-aliasing, but the result was even worse. I
now rendered the images at +A0.5, +AM1, +R2 which improved the result a
bit, but it still doesn't look good. I think that the problem comes from
the texture I used. The texture is from an article Chris Hormann wrote for
a german computer magazine 3 years ago.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem is or a different texture?

The link to the animation is

www.mpip-mainz.mpg.de/~schuerg/final.mpg

the texture is at

www.mpip-mainz.mpg.de/~schuerg/strukturen.inc